11 Course Series
The Healthcare employee with training in Electronic Health Records Specialists performs routine clerical and organizational tasks. EHR will become the primary means of documenting, transmitting, and securing patient information. A basic knowledge of medical terminology, electronic health records, and hospital or laboratory procedures is preferred. The nation is entering a new era of health care where providers must use electronic health records to improve patients’ health and the way health care is delivered in this country. Healthcare employees with EHR training may find employment in hospitals, chiropractors, medical and dental offices.
According to American Hospital Association’s Survey of IT adoption results indicate 15.1% of acute care hospitals have adopted at least a “basic” EHR, which represents growth of nearly 75% since 2008. The widespread adoption of EHR necessitates training and upgrading skills for healthcare workers who will 12 interface with patients and their electronic health record at the point of care. There were fewer than 10 graduates in this program. Median placement amounts are withheld to preserve the confidentiality of graduates.
The Electronic Health Record course is 8 weeks in length. Expect to spend 8 hours per week toward the online program.
1. Develop the ability to elaborate on the personal qualities and job responsibilities of an Electronic Health Record employee.
2. Show with examples, how the healthcare employee should communicate effectively with patients, using both verbal and non-verbal communication.
3. Assess the impact of OSHA and HIPAA on a medical office.
4. Describe different types of appointment scheduling systems and ways of maintaining a
5. Explain how to create and maintain accurate patient records.
6. Explain and demonstrate each step in the filing process.
7. Learn skills in telephone techniques.
8. Learn skills in scheduling appointments.
9. Obtain basic knowledge of daily operations in a medical office.
10. Gain knowledge of various written communications needed in a medical office and apply knowledge in processing and maintaining patient medical records.
11. Demonstrate skills using Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
Possible Career Paths
Certified Medical Biller and Coder
Medical Office Administrator
Medical Records Technician
Insurance Claims Analyst
Health Data Structure
Insurance and Billing functions
Privacy, Security, Confidentiality and Legal issues
Management of Information and Communication
Electronic Health Record Software
National Healthcare Association
American Medical Certification Association
The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of tuition assistance to eligible military spouses. This scholarship will help military spouses cover the entire cost of courses at Choice Career Tech as they pursue certificates and certifications necessary to gain employment in high demand, high growth portable career fields and occupations. Let a Admission Representative discuss the scholarship with you today!Lets talk!
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act is landmark legislation that is designed to strengthen and improve our nation’s public workforce system and help get Americans, including youth and those with significant barriers to employment, into high-quality jobs and careers and help employers hire and retain skilled workers. Choice Career Tech has partnered with the Department of Labor to help provide course with National Certifications in the Healthcare, Project Management and IT industry. Let a Admission Representative help determine if this is available for you today!Learn More
All potential students deserve an affordable education. We have multiple options available at this time, so talk to an Admissions Representative about pay-in-full, payment plans, and education loans.Chat now!